Cisco ASA 5525-X Network Security/Firewall Appliance
Featured descriptionCisco ASA 5525-X Network Security/Firewall Appliance - 8 Port - 10/100/1000Base-T - Gigabit Ethernet - AES, 3DES - 8 x RJ-45 - 1 Total Expansion Slots - 1U - Rack-mountable
Detailed description8 Port - 10/100/1000Base-T - Gigabit Ethernet - AES, 3DES - 8 x RJ-45 - 1 Total Expansion Slots - 1U - Rack-mountable
General InformationManufacturerCisco Systems, IncManufacturer Part NumberASA5525-K8-RFManufacturer Website Addresshttp://www.cisco.comBrand NameCiscoProduct LineASAProduct Series5500-XProduct ModelASA 5525-XProduct NameASA 5525-X Network Security/Firewall ApplianceMarketing InformationMeet the industry's first adaptive, threat-focused next-generation firewall (NGFW) designed for a new era of threat and advanced malware protection. Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services delivers integrated threat defense for the entire attack continuum - before, during, and after an attack. How? By combining the proven security capabilities of the Cisco ASA firewall with the industry-leading Sourcefire threat and Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) features together in a single device. The solution uniquely extends the capabilities of the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls beyond what today's NGFW solutions are capable of. Whether you need protection for a small or midsized business, a distributed enterprise, or a single data center, Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services provides the needed scale and context in a NGFW solution.
Superior Multilayered Protection
Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services brings distinctive threat-focused next-generation security services to the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls and Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance firewall products. It provides comprehensive protection from known and advanced threats, including protection against targeted and persistent malware attacks (Figure 1). Cisco ASA is the world's most widely deployed, enterprise-class stateful firewall. Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services features these comprehensive capabilities:
- Site-to-site and remote access VPN and advanced clustering provide highly secure, high-performance access and high availability to help ensure business continuity.
- Granular Application Visibility and Control (AVC) supports more than 3,000 application-layer and risk-based controls that can launch tailored intrusion prevention system (IPS) threat detection policies to optimize security effectiveness.
- The industry-leading Cisco ASA with FirePOWER next-generation IPS (NGIPS) provides highly effective threat prevention and full contextual awareness of users, infrastructure, applications, and content to detect multivector threats and automate defense response.
- Reputation- and category-based URL filtering offer comprehensive alerting and control over suspicious web traffic and enforce policies on hundreds of millions of URLs in more than 80 categories.
- AMP provides industry-leading breach detection effectiveness, a low total cost of ownership, and superior protection value that helps you discover, understand, and stop malware and emerging threats missed by other security layers.
Technical InformationFirewall Protection Supported
- Malware Protection
- Threat Protection
- Stateful Signature Detection
- Application Layer Filtering
- Intrusion Prevention
- URL Filtering
- Web Content Filtering
- Website Cloaking
- Traffic Anomaly Detection
- Application Control
Interfaces/PortsTotal Number of Ports8USBYesPoE (RJ-45) PortNoNumber of Network (RJ-45) Ports8
Network & CommunicationEthernet TechnologyGigabit EthernetNetwork Standard10/100/1000Base-T
Wireless SpecificationsWireless LANNo
I/O ExpansionsNumber of Total Expansion Slots1
Management & ProtocolsManageableYes
Physical CharacteristicsCompatible Rack Unit1UForm FactorRack-mountableHeight1.8"Width17.5"Depth14.3"Weight (Approximate)22 lb
WarrantyLimited Warranty90 Day