Blue Coat S200 Network Security/Firewall Appliance
Availability: 9999 in stock
Featured descriptionBlue Coat S200 Network Security/Firewall Appliance - 4 Port - 1000Base-T - Gigabit Ethernet - 4 x RJ-45 - 1U - Rack-mountable
Detailed description4 Port - 1000Base-T - Gigabit Ethernet - 4 x RJ-45 - 1U - Rack-mountable
General InformationManufacturerSymantec CorporationManufacturer Part NumberNFR-SG-S200-30-SRPManufacturer Website Addresshttp://www.symantec.comBrand NameBlue CoatProduct SeriesS200Product NameS200 Network Security/Firewall ApplianceMarketing InformationWeb-based solutions are being implemented for nearly every aspect of business operations, from public websites to mission-critical business applications. As a result, growing security concerns, sluggish performance, and increasing complexity are straining existing web server infrastructures. To secure and accelerate web applications and public websites, organizations turn to Symantec for reverse proxy deployments.
Why Symantec for Reverse Proxy Deployments?
Symantec Reverse Proxy appliances combine robust security, high-performance content delivery, and operational simplicity, allowing organizations to secure and accelerate their web applications and public websites.
- Reverse Proxy securely isolates general-purpose servers from direct Internet access, acting as an intermediary between web applications and the external clients who attempt to access them. Reverse Proxy provides robust authentication and policy support and can either challenge users or transparently check authentication credentials using an organization's existing security framework. For high-performance, low-latency virus scanning of all uploaded content to web servers, Reverse Proxy integrates with Content Analysis and offers a choice of leading anti-virus engines. To ensure confidentiality, Reverse Proxy can be configured to encrypt communications between users and web applications using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- At the heart of the Reverse Proxy solution is SGOS, a secure, object-based operating system specifically designed to handle web content. SGOS combines patented proxy caching technology with an optimized TCP stack for efficient web content acceleration. SGOS's intelligent use of its integrated cache allows 60-90% of an application's web objects to be cached and served directly to users, further enhancing site performance and scalability. In addition, optional SSL services provide hardware-accelerated key negotiation, encryption, and decryption support.
- An integrated, optimized appliance that combines proxy software and hardware, Reverse Proxy is easy to install, configure, and maintain. The Reverse Proxy's Visual Policy Manager (VPM) provides an intuitive, graphical interface to define and manage a wide range of policy rules. Comprehensive logging and reporting provide detailed accounting information, giving administrators the visibility necessary to assess web usage patterns and track security issues.
- Accelerate delivery of web applications and content through a proxy architecture with integrated caching
- Protect web infrastructure by isolating origin servers from direct Internet access
- Secure external user access to web applications, such as web e-mail, extranets, and public websites, by acting as an SSL termination /origination point
- Save time and money by reducing the number of web servers required
- Implement granular access policies based on users, groups, time of day, location, network address, user agent, and other attributes to meet unique business requirements
- Authenticate clients using existing security framework, including local password files, NTLM, LDAP, RADIUS, onetime passwords, and certificates
- Safeguard their web infrastructure from viruses, worms, and Trojans with real-time anti-malware scanning of all uploaded content
- Deliver high-performance streaming media to thousands of simultaneous users with streaming proxies
Technical InformationFirewall Protection Supported
- Threat Protection
- Advanced Threat Intelligence
- Web Protection
- Data Loss Prevention
- Content Filtering
- Malware Protection
- Trojan Horse
- Fileupload Control
Interfaces/PortsTotal Number of Ports4Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports4
Network & CommunicationEthernet TechnologyGigabit EthernetNetwork Standard1000Base-T
Management & ProtocolsManageableYes
Physical CharacteristicsCompatible Rack Unit1UForm FactorRack-mountableHeight1.7"Width17.3"Depth17.6"Weight (Approximate)16.31 lb
MiscellaneousEnvironmentally FriendlyYesEnvironmental Certification
- EU RoHS
WarrantyLimited Warranty1 Year