Extreme Networks ExtremeWireless AP3915i IEEE 802.11ac 1.20 Gbit/s Wireless Access Point
Availability: 564 in stock
Featured descriptionExtreme Networks ExtremeWireless AP3915i IEEE 802.11ac 1.20 Gbit/s Wireless Access Point - 5 GHz, 2.40 GHz - 5 x Antenna(s) - 5 x Internal Antenna(s) - MIMO Technology - Beamforming Technology - 1 x Network (RJ-45) - Wall Mountable
Detailed description5 GHz, 2.40 GHz - 5 x Antenna(s) - 5 x Internal Antenna(s) - MIMO Technology - Beamforming Technology - 1 x Network (RJ-45) - Wall Mountable
General InformationManufacturerExtreme Networks, IncManufacturer Part Number31028Manufacturer Website Addresshttp://www.extremenetworks.comBrand NameExtreme NetworksProduct LineExtremeWirelessProduct ModelAP3915iProduct NameExtremeWireless AP3915i Wireless Access PointMarketing InformationThe AP3915 is a feature rich 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11abgn indoor access point that delivers enterprise-grade performance and security without the premium cost. The AP3915i is designed to blend into any office, carpeted enterprise, or classroom environment. The AP3915 offers multiple connectivity options including 2.4G, 5G, and BLE/802.15.4 (e.g. Thread, etc.) for location services and extended connectivity to Internet of Things (IoT) sensors and devices.
The energy efficient AP3915 uses 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) in normal operating mode. The AP3915e model requires professional installation and includes two RP-SMA antenna connectors supporting dualband (2.4GHz/5GHz) band antennas, as well as a third RP-SMA connector for a 2.4G antenna for BLE/802.15.4 support. Unique to this class of product, the AP3915e is rated to operate in extended temperature ranges for deployments in gyms, pools, etc. that require specialized enclosures. An optional external power supply is available for deployments that do not support PoE.
The AP3915 is built using the latest in technology, including 802.11ac Wave 2, dynamic radio management, spectrum analysis with interference classification, beamforming, multi-user MIMO, self-forming and self-healing meshing, security, role-based authentication, authorization, and access control to ensure consistent and secure connectivity to users and sensors. The 2x2:2 platform can deliver up to 1.2 Gbps over-theair-performance and up to 50,000 packets per second on the wired port using a unique flow-based architecture that provides consistent performance even when enforcing extensive application-based (aka Layer 7) service requirements.
The AP3915i is cloud-ready out of the box and supports future secure connectivity to ExtremeCloud™, a single pane of glass for cloud managing both the wired and wireless components of your network. Zero touch provisioning that significantly reduces deployment time. Select models enabled for use with ExtremeCloud.
- Extends secure connectivity to Internet of Things (IoT) sensors forSmart Buildings while reducing risks from weak or insecure sensors
- Enforces role-based grouping of users, devices, and applications to deliver priority, QoS, and security in accordance with business needs for wireless devices
- Support for demanding voice/video/data applications to enhance mobile worker productivity and convenience
- Seamless roaming across an entir multi- subnet campus without the need for cumbersome client software
- Integrated management, security and QoS features reduce operating cost and ensure a consistent user experience regardless of location
- Reuses existing cabling and Power over Ethernet (PoE) infrastructure, reducing costs while improving service
- Centralized visibility and control accelerates problem resolution, optimize network utilization, and automate management
- Adaptive architecture reduces complexity and optimizes information flow for each application
- Dynamic Radio Management when used for planning and monitoring ensures optimal spectrum coverage resulting in the best end- user quality of experience
- Flexible Client Access optimizes throughput for 802.11ac/n clients in today's mixed ac, n, and a/b/g client environments
- On premise, with hardware or virtual ExtremeWireless Appliance
- ExtremeCloud™ Cloud-Managed Networking
Technical InformationWireless LAN StandardIEEE 802.11acBluetooth StandardBluetooth 4.1Frequency Band
- 5 GHz
- 2.40 GHz
Interfaces/PortsEthernet TechnologyGigabit EthernetNumber of Network (RJ-45) Ports1PoE PD PortYesVGANoHDMINoPowerlineNoManagement PortYes
Physical CharacteristicsForm FactorWall MountableHeight1.7"Diameter6.3"Weight (Approximate)11.52 oz